How Many Golf Courses In Florida? [A Lot!]

Florida, the southeasternmost state in America is home to many great things, but none more so than the amazing array of golf courses.

It’s a part of the world that every golf enthusiast should add to their list of places to visit and play golf.

But how many golf courses are there in the state of Florida? In this article, we’ll have a look at the number of Florida golf courses available and which are the best golf courses in Florida.

Florida's golf courses are some of the best in the United States, but how many are there?

How Many Golf Courses In Florida?

How Many Golf Courses In Florida?

Florida is home to approximately 1250 golf courses, a lot of which are open to the public. About 25% of those courses belong to private clubs, while the other 75% are open to visitors.

Florida has more golf courses per capita than any other region in the US. It also is the state with the most golf courses in the US, which makes it the golf capital of America. It also has over double the number of courses than Scotland, widely known as the birthplace of the game of golf.

Across the year, about 48 million rounds of golf are played on the 1250 courses in Florida, half of which are from local residents, with the other half from out-of-town visitors.

This part of America is known as the “Sunshine State” for its year-round sun, which is one of the reasons why it’s one of the top golfing destinations and a popular place for golf courses.

The humid weather conditions also provide some of the best conditions possible for creating magnificent green fairways and fast greens.

Bermuda grass is the choice for most greens in the area, due to its resilience to tropical conditions and extreme heat.

Florida is also a major hub for professional golf in America.

The PGA Tour has its offices at Ponte Vedra Beach, while the LPGA is located in Daytona Beach. The PGA of America is also headquartered at the stunning Palm Beach Gardens.

Many of the best golfers in the world including Justin Thomas choose to make Florida their home, due to the great weather and vast amount of quality golf.

Some of the best Florida golf courses are also hosts to some major PGA Tour events.

The Players Championship takes place every year at TPC Sawgrass, the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Club, and the Honda Classic at PGA National.

Some of the best golf courses in the world are found in Florida. These include Streamsong Resort, World Woods Golf Club (now known as Cabot Citrus Farms) and perhaps the best golf course in Florida, Seminole Golf Club.

How Many Golf Courses In Naples Florida?

Naples in Florida has approximately 92 golf courses, most of which are 18-hole courses. Out of the 92 golf courses, about a third of them are open to the public.

Naples is a great area for golf and a popular place for a golfing trip.

Some of the best options for golf in Naples include Tiburón Golf Club, as well as the brilliant Calusa Pines, known as being one of the best in Florida state.

How Many Golf Courses In The Villages Florida?

The Villages in Florida have a total of 52 golf courses available to play. These include 12 championship-level golf courses and 40 executive-level golf clubs.

The Villages is the biggest golfing community in the world, with a huge selection of amazing courses to play in fabulous conditions and with amazing weather.

The courses have been designed by some of the best in the game, including the iconic Arnold Palmer.

Final Thoughts

Florida is a very popular place for golf and it’s clear to see why.

It has a huge selection of incredible golf courses to choose from and the weather is great for year-round golf.


How many golf courses does Orlando Florida have?

Orlando, Florida, has approximately 200 golf courses to play, ranging from luxury resorts to more budget friendly golf. Some of the best golf courses in Orlando include Bay Hill and Lake Nona golf clubs.

How many public golf courses are in Florida?

Out of the 1250 golf courses in Florida, about 75% of those are open to the public and available for visitors to play.

Ed Welton

Founder, Editor

Ed is the founder and editor at EEE Golf. He’s been playing golf for over 20 years, competing in many top amateur events. He’s played courses all over the world and played with some of the best players in the game. His aim is to help educate people about the game of golf and give insights into the sport he loves most.

Scroll to Top